Delicate but utterly fierce, aggressive and unignorably catchy all at the same time… and that us just beginning to describe our love for Chairlift. Offering up some of the best synth-pop around at the moment here are the five biggest and boldest reasons we’re excited to have Chairlift at Parklife…
1. Let’s start with the undisputed raw talent of songstress Caroline Polachek – recording stand out track “I belong in your arms’ not only once, but a second time, in Japanese...Just for the fans. English or Japanese, we love it!
2. Who else can encapsulate the sounds of Daft Punk, Depeche Mode and Fleetwood Mac, in one resonating track? The answer is no one. ‘Wrong Opinion’ is unfathomable, for all the right reasons.
3. Chairlift’s concept-heavy concoction of looped synths and shimmery vocal effects that—with the help of a charming iPod commercial—introduced the world to their catchy single “Bruises.”
4. Because we can’t wait to go on a ‘Sidewalk Safari’. The duo’s clear vocals and brilliant live execution morph the track into something both sinister and completely beautiful.
5. Chairlift’s ability to switch it up, and never disappoint, whether it’s pop dreamscape debut album Does You Inspire You or Something’s darkly loveable undertones of manic revenge, we are always left wanting more.